Skip to content Injured In A Car Accident? We Can Help! »

Myth: Cholesterol is BAD!

Vitruvian model

Who knew? Our bodies NEED cholesterol.

Cholesterol is normal. It’s a vital element in our body.

Many of our critical hormones are derived from this backbone molecule, such as estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. These are the hormones that make us feel confident, feel strong, feel feminine or feel masculine as we go about our daily lives.

We need cholesterol!

A Biased Study

If you’ve been told that your cholesterol levels are too high, it’s been established that those high readings are mostly coming from your DIET.

Back in the 70’s, there was a government study undertaken called “The Seven Countries Study”. The purpose of this study was to examine why so much of the public seemed to be having cardiovascular challenges.

At the conclusion of this biased and tainted research, it came to light that FAT was the main culprit. So everyone from the 70’s on listened very carefully to the government and began to move away from fats… and moved in the direction of the consumption of carbohydrates.

Carb Mania

Carbohydrates are actually the “plate” from which cholesterol is built.

We’ve all assumed that we could decrease our intake of cholesterol simply by avoiding foods that have cholesterol in them…which is responsible for about 15% of cholesterol presence. The other 85% is actually produced by your body.

So the question is…what is cholesterol produced from?

The simple answer: carbohydrates.

So for many years, we’ve all indulged in lots of bread and pasta, eating a refined grain-based diet…the end result being a high cholesterol molecule count in the body

Does it Even MATTER if My Cholesterol Count is High?

Science has proven that the presence of cholesterol by itself is NOT a major risk factor in cardiovascular disease.

There have been populations studied that had extremely low cholesterol counts, yet these people STILL were prone to heart disease. So if cholesterol was truly THE factor, then it would just follow that these people would be immune to heart problems, wouldn’t it?

Healthy Cholesterol vs. Damaged Cholesterol

The presence of cholesterol in your body is not the factor…but whether you have the “healthy” kind or the “damaged” kind.

Damaged cholesterol is created by two main factors:

  • Stress
  • A lack of anti-oxidants in the diet

We need to understand that anti-oxidants should be a VITAL part of our diet! If they were, we would see great success in the fight against cardiovascular disease.

This means eating the way we SHOULD eat, not the way we’ve been programmed to eat by corporations that stand to make huge profits.

We’ve encountered very serious collateral damage in our society because cholesterol particles have been identified in plaque and atherosclerosis in the body. The assumption made from these findings is always that cholesterol is the culprit.

Translation: Cholesterol is BAD.

Not so!

A Booming Business for Big Pharma

Did you know that if you don’t have a high enough cholesterol count you can severely impair your hormone and endocrine functions?

The cholesterol myth has given birth to an amazingly profitable business for the pharmaceutical companies in this country. These profits come from their line of ubiquitous statin drugs such as Lipitor and Crestor…designed to keep your cholesterol count low.

Even Dr. Oz has publicly denounced the role of statins on his show with a panel of medical experts!
In my opinion, almost no one should be on a statin drug. Why? Because cholesterol amounts are all controllable.

Now go chill out and eat your veggies!

If you’ve been diagnosed with high cholesterol, we encourage you to call us or come in for a visit. If you’d like to read more about cholesterol research, here are some reliable sources of information:

Chris Kresser

Science Daily

Medical News Today


Add Your Comment (Get a Gravatar)

Your Name


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *.